Followers

About MY Life...

God, Family and Church. That is what my life consists of.....oh so much to be thankful for. I am blessed of God!

My Blessings from God!!!

My Blessings from God!!!

Grab A Button

Free Counter

made by Leelou
ISO 9001 Training ISO 9001 Training

Live Traffic Feed

Snag a button

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Miracles Still Happen!



I received the call from my Mom about 11PM Wednesday night that she was taking my Dad in to the Hospital. He had been sick since he left my house on Monday morn. Fever, throwing up, back pain...the whole 9 yards. About 1AM she called and said they were transferring Dad to the V.A. in Los Angeles because his blood pressure kept dropping and about 1/2 hour later called back and said they denied him at the V.A. hospital because they had no room(beds) available for him and were going to take him to Cottage Hosp. in Santa Barbara. They found a kidney stone (size 10, I had one a year ago size 3 and thought I was going to die!!) and also realized he had an infection. He went into Surgery @ 7:30AM and the 20min surgery ended up being closer to an hour and the 1 1/2 hour recovery ended up being @ 4 hours. We knew something was wrong. Finally a nurse informed my Mom that they were taking Dad to ICU because he wasn't breathing on his own. He was on a ventilator and all his organs had shut down. We found out at this point my Dad had an infection in his body that had turned into Sepsis, which is a poison in the blood. 50% of people that get sepsis, don't make it. The Dr put in a stint to bypass the stone (the stone will have to be broken up later, he's too weak to undergo the surgery for that at this time). This was the time to pray and "Trust" God!! He's been improving little by little and we give ALL the glory to God!!! My Dad is doing so much better today. His toxin level is coming down, white blood cell count "perfect", he's off the IV, able to get up and walk a little around his floor and his kidneys are improving. He feels weak and tired still, but that is to be expected. We are all so very thankful for "ALL" the prayers that have been said for him. I was thinking the other day, "Lord I want to see miracles happen like they did in the Bible days." Well, need I say more.......
Dad is definitely a "Miracle from God." I truly believe that Prayer works and just maybe God sent this along our path to increase our Faith for the cancer journey. We found out after the surgery that the Dr that did the surgery at Cottage Hosp. received Dr of the Year. I reminded my Dad of the verse that says, "The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord." If he had been transferred to the V.A. he would not have received the treatment and care that he got at Cottage. I played two songs last night up at the hosp. for my Dad, one says, "God's Not Through With You," and the other is, "I've Never Walked Alone." I don't know how people face things in life without God. He is truly so AMAZING!! Thank you God for my Dad....I still have him!

3 comments:

  1. Sis. Miraflor,
    We've been praying for your family and will continue. So thankful for God's hand on your Dad. He's a great man serving a great God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I heard when we were at Teen Camp. We were both devastated. Uncle Randy has been in our prayers! Than you Jesus for this report!

    Love you,
    Mike and Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis miraflor We serve an Awesome God. we are thankful elder kendrick is doing better. its good to know he is at home. we will continue to pray for him. he means a lot to my boys and i. love sis melanie porterville church

    ReplyDelete

My Family

My Family